Tender fenugreek leaves are available in winter season. They cost less and you are tempted to buy a big bunch. They stay well for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. But then starts to rot or turn yellow. Freezing them is the best option. It saves you cleaning and chopping time during busy days .
First we have to discard the thick stems retaining the thin ones.
Next wash it thrice in lot of water to remove any sand and allowed to drain in a colander.
When all the water has drained, put these in the food processor and chop finely using pulse motion.
Freeze these chopped greens in small portions in plastic bags or 100-200 ml containers.
This frozen fenugreek or methi stays green in color for many months.
I love to use this frozen fenugreek in-
1. Alu methi (with potatoes)
2. Dal Methi (with split lentils)
3. Dhania Methi rice (flavored rice with fresh coriander)
4. Doodhi methi (bottlegourd and fenugreek)
5. Methi thepla (unleavened wheat bread/ roti)
6. Methi malai matar (creamy gravy with green peas)
7. Gajar matar methi (stir-fry with carrots and green peas)
and many more.
Hope you found this recipe useful. Please visit again and stay connected.
You can just give a simple click on Facebook/ Twitter/ Google+/email buttons below and share it with your friends today. Thank you !